You are here

Shell strikes gas at Marjoram-1 well offshore Malaysia

26th August 2014

Shell has announced further exploration success in Malaysia with another gas discovery at the Shell-operated deepwater Marjoram-1 well

Shell strikes gas at Marjoram-1 well offshore Malaysia
Earlier this year, Shell announced the Rosmari-1 gas discovery, also in this block

“Our strategy to expand our heartland areas through technologically advanced exploration is delivering tangible success in deep-water in Malaysia,” said Andrew Brown, Shell Upstream international director.

“We have a long history in the region, and the addition of new natural gas resources this year ensures we are able to continue to provide cost-effective, reliable, cleaner energy options for the future.”

The Marjoram-1 well is located 180 kilometres off the Malaysia coast in Block SK318, in 800 metres of water. Earlier this year, Shell announced the Rosmari-1 gas discovery, also in this block.

Block SK318 is operated by Shell with an 85 per cent interest, with the remaining 15 per cent held by Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd.

Related topics: 

Got a news tip? Email news@oilandgastechnology.net